Next Social: Pinterest, Google+, Instagram - Brisbane
Three relatively new social media platforms, each with their own strong business applications. Pinterest and Instagram play to the appealing visual aspects of certain product categories, as well as in situ image capture opportunities such as community or sporting events. Google+ is already an important brand vehicle... and growing rapidly.
This half-day session is presented in a practical learning format: live online demonstrations in an interactive class setting limited to 22 people.
A Certificate of Training is provided.
Who it's for
Anyone wanting a detailed introduction to how these new platforms operate within the context of sales, marketing and customer social engagement.
Who it's not for
Not for people who are happy with the ways things are and don't see any need to explore new and emerging social media.
- Setting up an account.
- Verifying an account associated with a website.
- Searching for Pinterest accounts and themed images.
- Defining pin categories: product, recipe & movie.
- Uploading images from a desktop, pinning images form the web, repinning other people's images.
- Creating private and public boards. Choosing or customising cover photos for your boards.
- Commenting on and liking pins.
- Curating other people's images.
- Following Pinterest accounts or specific boards.
- Using the Pinterest browser plugin.
- Adding or amending meta information within a pin.
- Pinning videos.
- Pinterest analytics.
- Using the Pinterest Pin-It button on your website or blog.
- Setting up a personal profile.
- Setting up brand pages - selecting your cover and brand images.
- Mechanics of Google+: posting, embedding rich media, sharing, commenting, using +1.
- Creating and managing circles.
- Selected posting via circles and individuals.
- Google Hangouts (video conferencing).
- Live video streaming via Google hangouts.
- Google+ Events.
- Google+ Communities - joining or setting up a community.
- Google+ Local.
- Google+ Authorship.
- Associating your Google+ brand page with your website.
- The mechanics of Instagram: mobile image capture or desktop upload, cropping, rotating, applying filters, geo-tagging, comments, hashtags.
- Searching for accounts or images by name.
- Following others, building up a following.
- Commenting on other people's posts and favouriting.
- Managing your web based Instagram account.
- Embedding image posts into your website.
- Syndicating your image posts to your other social media accounts.
- Running competitions.
- Incorporating Instagram into concerts, community and sporing events.
2+ people: 50% combined
Calculated at check-out
2+ courses: 50% combined
Calculated at check-out